April 15, 2010

Bye Bye House in Dominica

As you all know, Kyle and I will be moving into a new place when we return for 2nd semester. I am very excited for many reasons...shorter walk to campus, less 4-legged (or more legged) friends, and more space to have friends over. This move makes our trip home a little more stressful. For one, we are not able to move in to our new place until after we get back and we are therefore putting all of our stuff in barrels. While Kyle is studying for his final, which he technically doesn't even need to take to pass (my smart little hubby), I am getting all of our belongings packed up for the move and for our trip home. Phew!!! It has been a long few days and we still have a few more to go. Anyway, I though it would be nice for you all to see not only our first place here in Dominica, but our first place together EVER! I am just learning how to put our videos on my computer and on the blog, so hopefully this works out. I would love to post more of our videos that we have taken here because, I think they capture more of our life here. That is what you all have to look forward to in the coming posts. For now, this is the video of our current place, Kootney, and although I am looking forward to moving, the both of us find the move bittersweet. It's the end of many firsts. Our first "home", Kyle's first semester here in Dominica, and first few months together as husband and wife. These last few months have been a roller coaster of emotions, with moving so far from home, but I wouldn't change anything. We are so blessed for so many reasons and best of all...we have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment