April 1, 2010

Meet the Newest Board Member of the RSO

The RSO (Ross Spouses Organization) is a huge group here on campus that offers a great deal of support to spouses and families of the students. They organize trips around the island, grocery shopping days to Roseau, banquets, and special events for holidays. I have been so appreciative of all that they do that I decided it would be nice to be involved in a deeper way than just to be a member. So...I became the Activities Coordinator! I will officially start next semester. I have heard it can be a little time consuming and require a great deal of organization, but I think I can handle it. Plus, it's a great way to learn more about things to do on the island, as well as get on trips for free (sometimes).

In other news...
1. Kyle had an anatomy practical today, which means they are officially done with anatomy lab this semester! This also means the bodies should be out of here in no time. This is good because, they were looking pretty rough (as if dead isn't bad enough).
2. Kyle has 3 more exams until he is done with semester 1! He has a histology practical, Mini 3, and a final. I feel like this semester has flown by...he feels differently. I guess a day at the beach and a day in the library are a little different.
3. I have been doing some "garage" sale shopping. This past week and for the next couple of weeks the 4th and 5th semester students/spouses are getting rid of a lot of things which is great news for all of us newbies. I bought a Brita water filter, an ironing board, kitchen supplies, games, and office supplies all for under $40 US. Can't wait to see what other goodies I can snag. The best part about what we buy...I can resell it all when we leave for about the same price.

That's it from us around here. We come home in 20 days, but who's counting.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys... KD and I are stopping to check i on you.. Looks like all is well... We saw the photos online and were amazed at some of the pictures and jealous about your local wildlife... Not to many interesting looking animals here in civilization. Keep us posted if you want or need anything in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME! I'm counting! Can't wait to see you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete