April 8, 2010

Shopping Withdrawals

I don't know if you all knew this, but I enjoy shopping, a lot.  This isn't just something I do when I absolutely need a new pair of black sandals because mine fell apart, it is an activity that I find very relaxing and it is almost like a high for me when I find a great deal.  As you can imagine being on this big rock, I haven't exactly had my needs met for retail therapy, and believe me there are days I need therapy. We have no mall, no Target, no department stores, no nothing! Let's just say I am a little scared for our return home in April to America...land of opportunity, land of freedom, land of anything you want at your fingertips. I have even been having shopping dreams lately. For example, last night I dreamed I was in Target and my cart was full to the brim with kitchen supplies. I don't necessarily remember needing all those gadgets; I believe I was buying them just because they were there and inexpensive. I am not going to lie, I have done some online shopping and had things sent to my mom and dad's to bring back with us, but it isn't the same feeling as trying something on in an air-conditioned dressing room where the sale clerks genuinely care about you, or at least pretend to. Customer service is rare around here. I always leave a place feeling like I am inconveniencing them for doing their job. My attitude is kill them with kindness, but so far it's a no-go. Anyway, that is my vent for today. Hopefully I can get a little sympathy from all of you in your big beautiful malls in the States. In less than 2 weeks we come home and here is my warning:  WATCH OUT SCOTTSDALE FASHION SQUARE, HERE I COME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment