March 24, 2011

Go Team Go!

I do not play sports and I don't consider myself athletic. I danced and did pom, which was my "sport", but I won't sit here and debate whether it is in fact a sport or not. My point is...

me + a sport involving a ball = bad news
Kyle and I are on a coed kickball team here. I think I was put on simply because they needed more girls and well, ya that's the only reason. We usually play once a week and our team is undefeated. I have made several runs over that past few games, which I'm very proud of, but I have to rely on my teammates to tell me when to run or stay most of the time.


Kyle usally plays 2nd base and he does great. What position do I play, you ask? Well, I like to call it "ground holder". I stand there and make sure the dirt stays put. I also do a pretty good job of avoiding the ball if it ever comes my way. (I'm sure my dad is shaking his head in shame right now)

This was true until our most recent game. I ACTUALLY CAUGHT THE BALL!!! I jumped up and down and I'm pretty sure I embarrassed the heck out of Kyle with my little celebration. I couldn't help it. This was my first catch EVER.




I felt so good until...



About 3 plays later I missed it. The ball went right through my arms and rolled away.


Hey, you can't get 'em all, right?

1 comment:

  1. Go Heidi Lou Go! I was so proud when you made the winning catch of the game ;)

    ReplyDelete