March 23, 2011

Mom's Visit: Syndicate Nature Trail

Mom's last day in Dominica was a little drizzly and cool. Yes, I said cool. You may even notice me wearing a jacket in some of the photos. Shocking! It also helps we were quite a ways up in elevation. We were at the Syndicate Nature trail.


If you know my mom at all, you know she's crazy about animals. Everything from elephants to ants...if she thinks she can see one, she's there. Unfortunately Dominica doesn't have too many fun creatures, but they do have two kinds of parrots, the Jaco and the Sisserou. These birds are hard to spot, but if anyone can find them, it's my mom. It's really too bad there are no monkeys here like they have in Barbados. That would just put her over the edge!





Along the trail we came across some pretty big trees with crazy roots and trunks.





This was my mom for about 70% of her stay in Dominica!




These are the parrots I mentioned above. If we were going to see them, this was the perfect place. Now, you may notice that these birds are primarily green and so is Dominica. This makes them even more difficult to see, unless they are flying.



We actually saw the parrots fly from tree to tree 3 times! It was pretty cool and Mom jumped up and down with joy. I was so glad she got to see them. Since it all happened so fast, I wasn't able to get a picture of them. So...this is my interpretation of them flying across the trees. (please don't laugh)







Well, that's it. Those are all the posts from my mom's visit. I hope you've enjoyed the look at our adventures!

We had a wonderful time and I truly appreciate getting to spend the time with her.

(I also loved all the goodies she brought us from America)

No comments:

Post a Comment