March 21, 2011

Mom's Visit: Road Trip

Since we've lived in Dominica, I've left the driving up to the taxis and transports for a few reasons:


1. they drive on the left side of the road


2. the roads are narrow..I'm talking passing a car with maybe an inch to spare


3. drivers here have their own set of rules and technique that I don't care to learn and understand


4. most of the cars are manual and that's just not my style




With all that said, guess who decided it would be a brilliant idea to rent a car for a day and "toodle" around the island. Yes, that's right, my mother!





We drove all over this island. Although it's less than 30 miles from tip to tip, the road is more like 50 with all the loops and swoops. We went to....



Scott's Head...




and Trafalgar Falls




Here's some snapshots of other things we saw along the way.


This day was full of laughs as we tried to follow the "road signs" and hit EVERY pothole on the road. We had a great time and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thanks Mom for a wonderful day and memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment