March 18, 2011

Mom's Visit: Fort Shirley and Red Rock

One place we went while Mom was here is Fort Shirley. It's an old fort that I can see everyday from the town we live in, but I had never been there. We decided to walk there (it's about 2 miles each way) and check out the towns and scenery along the way. It was a great walk that really gave us an inside look at life here. The fort is part of a Cabrits National Park and I was surprised to see how organized it was. They really did a great job putting it all together. From the fort there are great views of the school and town we live in.





One night, we went to Red Rock Haven for dinner. I just had to show Mom the beautiful walls of red that remind me of Sedona (with the addition of the ocean). Not to mention, they have some pretty delicious food.







ps. Those are guava coladas in our hands...yummy!

1 comment: