June 18, 2010

The In-Laws Are Coming!

Russ and Beth, Kyle's mom and dad, will be coming to Dominica in just 2 weeks. Now, to most people, being on an island for 14 days with their in-laws would mean 2 weeks of pain and suffering, but not me. I LOVE Russ and Beth and I know we'll have a great time. Much to their dismay I have a calender penciled in with activities everyday. What they don't know is that some of those days simply say "drink wine and watch the waves roll in" or "sit under a palm tree while sipping a rum punch". I think we can all handle days like that. I do have a couple other things planned that will actually require us to move, like hiking to waterfalls and swimming in hot springs, but I know they are all for it. They will be bringing with them an entire suitcase full of goodies for us. I hope they know how much we appreciate it. As a disclaimer I am making it known that I have warned them how hot and humid it will be and how it might rain a lot and how they may get a few mosquito bites, but they insist they still want to come...Kyle and I couldn't be more excited! To my wonderful in-laws: see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. They will have a wonderful time with the two of you even though Kyle studies ALL the time. The experience will give them such a great appreciation for your life on the island. I am envious! I have to wait until October 'till I give Kyle heart palpitations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. You only say this because you were smart enough to encourage them to stay in a hotel. Just kidding I know they are excited to come and hang out with you....I think they are hoping to see Kyle every know and then too :). We miss you guys and can't wait for our next chance to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To our wonderful daughter-in-law and our wonderful son..we can't wait to see you. I know we will have a wonderful time seeing you and your island. You know us, always up for an adventure! Love you both and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete