June 5, 2010

Test Time is Upon Us

In just over 24 hours Kyle will take his first exam of this semester. It seems like it has creeped up on us and some how they have managed to squeeze in more information in the past 4 weeks than I currently have in my brain (no laughs please). He continues to amaze me as he studies daily from 8am to 11pm, managing to squeeze in a meal or two. One of my friend's husband described a student's life like the movie Groundhog Day. It was such a light bulb moment for me! They truly wake-up everyday to a never ending pile of material that they study over and over again. I don't know that you ever feel like you know everything. It truly would be impossible. No matter the outcome, I feel so proud of his hard work and quite frankly I am ready for the test to be over. For Kyle's sake, I just want one afternoon to hangout and relax. This semester, more than any other, I feel like we are roommates with opposite schedules. I was warned by other spouses, so I knew it was coming, that this semester is their busiest and most challenging. I have all the faith in the world in Kyle and I know these sacrifices we are making will pay off one day and it will make us a stronger couple. I wish him the best of luck on Monday and send out a prayer request to all of you for another 4.0 semester.

2 comments:

  1. Go get em son, I am sure you will do well.
    You guys have such a great love and friendship you will be able to sustain anything!
    Love you guys.
    Worked on a bit of a base tan in Vegas last week, of course we were in the cabana so there was plenty of shade to get away from sun when needed. Did two days poolside. No bird droppings Kyle.
    Heidi you have got to go to the new shopping center there, we didn't go as a tribute to you, we will wait to go with you.
    Relaxing in the nice dry cool az air. Waiting to get to the balmy caribbean. By the way, I have tried to place comments and it asks for this identity stuff, sometimes I don't think they go through. It asks for google account, which I know Beth doesn't have. It also asks for other stuff.
    This time I am trying it anonymously.
    So just in case I will tell you my name
    Russell Hickman
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the well wishes on Kyle's test. He just left about 5 minutes ago to go take it. Glad you had a nice time in Vegas, working on your tan, and I appreciate the fact you refrained from shopping at that new place in honor of me. We're getting very excited for you to visit, just 4 more weeks. I have a lot of stuff penciled in on the calender, including many days of sitting under a palm tree at the beach. We miss you, but we'll see ya soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete