June 15, 2010

This Past Week...

It has been 1 week since my last post and a lot has been going on. First, we celebrated being done with Mini 1 and Kyle's great scores on the exam. We did this by hanging out at the beach with some friends. In this picture is John, Luke (our fellow Arizonan), and of course, the Kyles.


On Friday, after some great time spent with the kids at In.Light.In., Meagan, Taylor, and I hosted a dinner party for 3 of the most amazing women I know...Jen, Anna, and Nina. These girls will all be leaving at the end of the semester and we are going to miss them terribly. They showed us hospitality and love from the moment we arrived in Dominica. I can only hope to be as sweet as them.



The weekend was pretty quiet, considering Kyle is back to the grind of studying. He did, however, come to church with me for the first time and I really enjoyed having him there. On Sunday I spent the day at Red Rock Beach and Restaurant with about 15 girls and some adorable little boys. It was the perfect way to spend a sunny day in Dominica.

Monday was the monthly grocery shopping trip to Roseau. Phew! That trip always takes it out of me. Think about all the groceries you buy in an entire month...now cram that all in one day. It is exhausting, but I always feel so happy when it's done. I get all the meat I need for the month as well. The real task is trying to squeeze all the food in the freezer. I try to buy frozen veggies when possible, since it's hard to consistently get fresh produce, but there's only so much room in our tiny little freezer. See for yourself...


Today, I spent the day at the salon, well kinda. I, along with some other friends, got my hair colored by Taylor. We didn't quite have the spa treatment like you would have at a salon in the US, we were at Taylor's house, but we did gossip and gab like girls at any salon would do. It was quite a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting a picture of Luke. We haven't seen a full picture of him since the White Coat Ceremony. Kyle and your support have been amazing and we truly appreciate everything you do.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you ladies trying to keep the Aliens away???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Heidi. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete