June 21, 2010

Today's the FIRST Day of Summer?

As I looked at my calendar today, I noticed that in the upper right hand corner of the box for June 22nd it said "First Day of Summer". What??? This is news to me. It has clearly been summer since the day we got down here, which was January 2nd. The weather has never been anything but sunny, hot, and humid and I have yet to have a sweat-free day. Now, over the years many people have said they love the Arizona weather, but hate that we don't have the standard 4 seasons. To them I say, "have you lived in Dominica or anywhere near the equator?" Clearly not. We truly have no change in seasons here. The only new season we get is Hurricane Season. Oh joy! Kyle says he not only forgets the date, but the month. I really felt that back in January and February. It was weird to see on the news that in Denver there was a blizzard while I fanned myself with a magazine and applied aloe to my sunburn. So, to those of you who are complaining about the heat, wherever you may be from, just be glad to know that it will end in a few short months when you will then be greeted by cool breezes and sounds of rustling leaves, unless, of course, you live where I do, where it will still be summer...forever!

1 comment:

  1. Hikids, You know Heidi that he can't stand to lose. Wow what a day you had. We can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete