July 13, 2010

Dear Google, Remember Me?

While living in Dominica I find myself using Google searches on a daily basis for quite random things. For example, on Saturday I bought a fish from the market to make fish tacos. When I say a fish I mean it had the head and tail on too. They did gut the poor guy first which was such a blessing. Anyway, as I set the fish down on my cutting board this morning I got to thinking, "I have no clue what I am doing". I mean look at this thing...

What's my next move? Google it, of course! I type "how to fillet a fish" in the search box and proceed to watch video after video of grizzly men perfectly filleting the fish they have caught. I now think that this will be a piece of cake. As I stand looking over my fish I can't help but think that I still have no idea what I'm doing. It had to be done so I dug in. I don't think I did too bad. I'll let you know how many bones we all choke on tonight. You might want to say a quick prayer for us.



Other Google searches I've done here:

  • how to light a gas oven without torching your eyebrows
  • natural remedies for mosquito bites

  • how to open a coconut without cutting your hand off in the process

  • how to make _____ without the key ingredient of _____

  • is it okay to drink milk that is bought off the shelf and not cold?

  • what can you make with______? (insert any random produce/grocery item they have here on the island)

2 comments:

  1. Of course the fish and the tacos were incredible, no problems.
    Best fish tacos ever!!!

    Love you guys
    R&B

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you need help filleting a fish, John knows how hahaha he's gonna hate me for volunteering him again...

    ReplyDelete