July 21, 2010

Thank you Dominica

It's been pointed out to me that I tend to say a lot of negative things about Dominica on this blog. Now, I don't completely agree with this, but I do I have moments of hatred towards this place which are intermingled with times of pure love. I guess you could say Dominica and I have a love/hate relationship. I try to enjoy this island, both the good and the bad, since I know months from now when Kyle and I are back in states, land of rush, rush, rush and keeping up with the Joneses, I will truly miss the simplicity of this island and our secluded life here. Now, to my moment of gratitude to Dominica...I just want to say thank you for an entire day in which I DID NOT SWEAT. Trust me, this is a once in a lifetime moment. For some odd reason, there was a massive cold front that swept through this little island of ours. It rained on and off all day and stayed cloudy from sun up till sun down. I even wore a cardigan this afternoon! I sat inside our house with no AC and no fan running and was actually chilly! I walked to and from campus without even feeling sticky! Can you believe it? Well, I hope this makes up for my previous negative comments about where we live. Now, I can't promise I won't have anymore "Dominica Days" when I want to throw in the towel and get back to my comfortable life in the states, but I do want to make it a goal to thank God more often for this amazing opportunity for both Kyle and I. So...thank you Dominica for this beautiful day. By the way, I wouldn't mind a few more of them.

3 comments:

  1. Walking to and from campus and no sweating? No, I can't believe it!!! Yea, I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. I bet you looked great in your little cardigan, did you blow dry your hair and put makeup on also? We had a really nice morning here, showed houses in the rain, but then the heat ramped up.
    Keep on enjoying those days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! Keep Luke smiling and finding the good in this journey as you always seem to do on your blog. I am so glad you are there for the boys.

    ReplyDelete