July 17, 2010

Sunsets and Sad Goodbyes

Friday, Kyle took the evening off and we all went to Sunset Bay for dinner. We got there around 6pm, just in time for sunset and some photos.
As soon as I saw this view, I couldn't help but take a picture. Isn't this beautiful?


Alright, time for some fun...

"Everybody's goin' surfin', surfin' USA...I mean Dominica".


Aww, what a beautiful family. We miss you guys.

So happy to have some time with my husband. He deserves this break.

As the sun went down, the rain began to fall, but I just had to get a picture of my wonderful in-laws and the coastline behind them.

I think they loved their time in Dominica. Look how happy they look.

A kiss for my wonderful husband who sacrifices so much and studies day after day. Keep following your dream honey. You make me so proud.

If being a doctor doesn't work out...there's always modeling. Well, maybe?

Kyle tried to get a picture of me jumping off a rock. Here's "Take 1"...too early.

"Take 2"...too late.

"Take 3"...just right.

Alright, enough goofing around with the camera, time for some dinner. First up, pumpkin soup. This was absolutely delicious.

Now on to the main course, lobster and fish. We all left stuffed and happy!

On our way out we noticed some cacti that made Kyle and I miss the desert of Arizona.
This evening was the perfect way to end their stay in Dominica. It was so nice to have the 4 of us together again, just like the Sunday dinners we used to have.
Russ and Beth, thank you so much for taking the time to come visit us here in Dominica. We hope and you had a nice time and enjoyed this crazy little island. We will miss you and look forward to seeing you in AZ for the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. All we can say is if anyone out there is wondering if it would be worth it to go visit Kyle and Heidi in this Island paradise, the answer is yes!!! We have missed them so much so it was just perfect being together.

    Beth and I just got back, from the most decompression and enjoyable times. Kyle and Heidi were awesome hosts. They made unbelievable strides to make us feel right at home. Heidi made some awesome meals that broke up some of the island flair. Gnoochi, Pizza, Fish Tacos and Thai, Incase you don't know me, my favorite Italian food is gnoochi. Pizza is in a category by itself "great". Mexican food I can eat everyday, and I always crave Thai food. So hows that for the perfect dining hosting by the Dominican Hickmans. Did I say that she is a remarkable chef?!!

    Then of course Heidi and her island travel guiding was very very fun! Which included as you have seen on the blog some great culinary experiences and sightseeing. Foods ranging from raw yellowtail sushi, lobster, fish, bbq goat ribs (yep its true Heidi I have read about it). Even Subway spicy italian.
    Even got ourselves some moonshine from the bush people on the Indian river.
    The beach she took us to was so great that we even ventured back there on our own, with the legendary cabbie Rosco.

    The place to stay hands down is Picard Beach Cottages. They are one bedroom cottages right on the beach, with full kitchen/kitchenettes. A little rustic but the setting is unbelievable. Rooms are clean and the staff is very accommodating. Can't beat the Caribbean sunsets either.

    We need to add how very proud we are of Kyle he is doing very well in school and is also very humble.

    Till next time Kyle and Heidi, we love you guys and thank you very much. See you soon.

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ and Beth,
    Thank you for the kind words. It was truly our pleasure. We're glad you enjoyed your time here and we hope you can come back again. We love you both so much and we were happy to share some great times with you. Kyle said, "I loved getting to see my momma, oh ya, and cue ball too". You're always welcome back, we love you.

    ReplyDelete